🌱 Taste Around Town + Monkeypox Vaccine Event + AJC Subpoena
Hello, everybody. It’s Saturday in Alpharetta-Milton and I’m back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Let’s do this…
First, today’s weather:
Humid with heavy t-storms. High: 91 Low: 73.
Here are the top five stories today in Alpharetta-Milton:
- Taste Around Town will be from Jul. 22 through Jul. 23 in Alpharetta. There will be three sessions over the two-day event. The first session is on Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The second session is on Saturday from noon to 3:00 p.m. The last session is on Saturday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Click for more details on the celebration. (Adventures in Atlanta)
- Alpharetta will have a new restaurant in August. The Florida-based chain Bolay Fresh Bold Kitchen will be opening an Alpharetta location on Aug. 11. The restaurant is known for its healthy-ish food that includes its signature Bolay Bol. The establishment will be giving away gift cards and free food during its five-day grand opening celebration. (Eater Atlanta)
- The Milton City Council has voted to add three questions to the Nov. 8 ballot. The questions will all be about proposed changes to senior homestead exemptions for the city’s property taxes. There is reportedly no additional cost to including the three questions on the ballot. Click the link for the exact wording of each question. (City of Milton)
- The demand for a monkeypox vaccine has outstripped supply during Fulton County’s upcoming vaccination event. The event is meant for those in the county at the highest risk but all of the appointments have already been reserved. The event is today and will be distributing about 200 doses. There have been 19 confirmed cases of the virus in Georgia. (AJC.com)
- The Fulton County special grand jury has subpoenaed the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for phone records. The investigation is examining former President Trump’s actions to allegedly overturn the 2020 Georgia General Election. The grand jury wants to examine the full audio recording of a Jan. 11, 2021 conference call that AJC reported on. (AJC.com)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Alpharetta-Milton Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
- Alpharetta Farmers Market At The Town Green (8:30 AM)
- “Juneteenth: What Freedom Means to Me” Art Exhibit At The Alpharetta Arts Center (9:00 AM)
- Shop & Sip Night Out At The Ginger Room (6:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Alpharetta Department of Public Safety reminds residents that roads will be slick when it rains. The Department advises drivers to slow down, turn on their headlights, keep a safe distance, and move over when encountering an emergency responder. (Alpharetta Department of Public Safety via Facebook)
- Rotary Club of Alpharetta will be hosting its first After Hours social of the new 2022-2023 year on Jul. 14. The event will be held at the Central City Tavern from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Rotary Club of Alpharetta via Facebook)
- Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a Job Networking session on Monday, Jul. 11. The event will be at the Roswell United Methodist Church from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- North Point Community Church Offers Online Leadership Lab with Best-Selling Author (July 14)
- “Possible” Recession-Learn HOW to Prepare NOW, Financial Coaching can help (July 14)
- Add your event
Gigs & services:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. See you all Monday morning for another update!
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.