🌱 YouTuber Arrest Controversy + Santa’s Enchanted Forest Tonight
Good morning, everybody! Carlos Hernandez here with your fresh copy of the Miami Daily. Keep reading to find out all the local information you need to know right now, including updates on…
- 🚣♂️ A Miami man allegedly tried to escape to Cuba unsuccessfully with a $60,000 stolen fishing boat.
- 🚓 Miami-Dade Corrections officials are disputing accounts that they put a transgender influencer into the wrong jail cell.
- 🖼️ City of Miami is planning to release 5,000 NFTs this holiday season.
Today is Veterans Day. The day is a tribute to all the military veterans who have served the U.S. Armed Forces.
But first, today’s weather:
Breezy, humid; a p.m. shower. High: 84 Low: 72.
Here are the top stories today in Miami:
1. A Miami man who wanted to return to Cuba is facing charges after allegedly stealing a $60,000 fishing boat from a Marathon resident, according to a Monroe County Sheriff’s Office news release. The accused man has been charged with grand theft and burglary. (Miami Patch)
2. Miami-Dade Corrections officials are arguing against reports that that transgender influencer and YouTuber Nikita Dragun was held in the men’s jail unit following her arrest in Miami Beach. Dragun’s publicist told numerous news outlets that it was “disturbing and dangerous” for her to be held in the men’s unit in Miami-Dade jail. (NBC Miami)
3. City of Miami is planning to debut a series of non-fungible tokens or NFTs this holiday season. The artwork of 56 local artists will be displayed in 5,000 Miami NFTs that represent the 56 square miles of Miami. (Florida Politics)
4. Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava vetoed a controversial measure to expand the Urban Development Boundary just north of the Homestead Air Reserve Base on Thursday. Levine Cava argued the move would increase the “risk of flooding for residents in South Dade.” (CBS Miami)
5. Santa’s Enchanted Forest starts tonight at 6:30 p.m. at its new Medley location at 7400 N.W. 87 Ave. The holiday theme park will feature over 30 football fields of lights and cheer. In the past over 1 million people a year attended the annual event. (WPLG Local 10)
Today in Miami:
- YMCA of South Florida’s Veterans Day Breakfast at Bonaventure Town Center. (9 a.m.)
- Veterans Day Ceremony at City of Aventura Events. (10 a.m.)
- Veterans Day Ceremony and Family Day In The Park at North Miami Veterans Tribute Tower at Griffing Park. (10 a.m.)
- Veterans Day at Pinecrest Gardens. (10 a.m.)
- The Wharf’s Fifth Year Anniversary Celebration. (4 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools shared: “Friendly reminder! Miami-Dade County Public Schools facilities to close Nov. 11 in observance of Veterans Day.” (Miami-Dade County Public Schools via Facebook)
- Miami-Dade Parks shared: “Miami-Dade Parks is seeking eco-friendly vendors 🪴 who sell sustainable products, plants, artisan or eco-friendly products to participate in Crandon Park’s 75th Jubilee Celebration.” (Miami-Dade Parks via Facebook)
- Aria Development and Aqarat have opened the YotelPad Miami condo and hotel in downtown Miami. The property features 222 hotel rooms and 231 condos with short-term rentals. (Subscription: South Florida Business Journal)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- TAMPA GET YOUR FREE TICKETS NOW! 👋🏻 Find cool products & live a better life with AltProExpo! (November 11)
- 🏃🏻♀️Hurry up! GET YOUR FREE TICKET! I bet you didn’t know about Alternative Products Expo! 👀 (November 12)
- SIM Sushi & Tapas Grand Opening (November 18)
- World Cup Miami Watch Event 2022 (November 25)
- Add your event
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miami Daily? Contact me at [email protected]