A minimum of 20 folks shot useless, 2 killed at a live performance in northwest Miami-Dade
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. – Miami Dade Police are investigating a mass shooting that injured more than 20 people in what detectives termed “targeted violence”.
The victims were taken to several hospitals in Miami Dade and Broward counties, some in their personal vehicles, according to police.
LATEST: ** NWMD mass shooting **
– MDPD: “targeted act of violence”
– 20-25 people shot, 2 dead
– Happened in the El Mula banquet hall. Concert took place
– 3 people pulled up and started shooting
– Police are looking for white Nissan Pathfinder @ WPLGLocal10 pic.twitter.com/2nyw3P1vzS
– Alex Finnie (@alexfinnieWPLG) May 30, 2021
Miami Dade police director Freddy Ramirez said a shop had been rented out through Sunday morning for a concert on Saturday, May 29.
During the concert, the guests stood outside when a white SUV pulled up, three people with assault rifles and handguns got out of their vehicle and shot randomly into the crowd.
20-25 people were shot and 2 people were killed near 7630 NW 186th Street.
The police are now asking for help from the community while they comb through surveillance footage and gather evidence.
Copyright 2021 by WPLG Local10.com – All rights reserved.