Apply to the Homeowner Rehabilitation Loan Program

Q: What is the city of Clearwater’s Housing Rehabilitation Program?
A: The city of Clearwater’s Housing Rehabilitation Program is designed to primarily correct code-related deficiencies found within the home. 

Q: What can I have fixed?
A: Property owners can have those items fixed that are noted by a property inspector to not meet the city’s Minimum Housing Code, such as a leaking or failed roof system.

Q: Do I have to pay back the funds?
All funds will have to be paid back. If your household is determined to be a very low-income household, the funds will be in the form of a deferred payment with no interest and/or payment as long as you reside in the home as a principal residence, and do not sell, rent, refinance or transfer title.

Q: How do I apply?
A: Interested persons can apply by contacting the Housing Division of the Economic Development and Housing Department at (727) 562-4030.

Q: How long does the process take?
A: Depending on the extent of the repairs and improvements to be made, the average process will take about six months to complete from application to completion. 

Q: Are mobile homes eligible?
A: No. The city does not assist with repairs of mobile homes.

Q: What happens if I sell my home?
A: If you sell your home, or rent, refinance, transfer title or if the home ceases to be your principal residence, the city’s loan will become due and payable.

Q: What is the maximum loan that I can get?
A: The maximum assistance is $45,000.

For more information on the Homeowner Rehabilitation Program, please contact Terry Malcolm-Smith at (727) 562-4036.

Source link

Comments are closed.