7 Reasons To use A Florida Pool Enclosure
When it comes to swimming pools, we always talk about the water and its maintenance. We often forget that the pool is much more than just a hole filled with water – it is an environment, equipped with things like ladders, diving board, lights etc. Pools are also venues for family entertainment during hot weather or when the sun is up.
Today, I would like to speak about pool enclosures, which are used for the most obvious purpose – to keep your family safe with a fence around the pool. With that being said, here are 10 reasons why you should use one!
It is true, many states have laws that require to fence in pools, in order to protect children from drowning. Here is an article by US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) – LINK .
- 1. It prevents dogs and other animals, like cats etc. from entering the pool area
Many dogs really love water, which can lead to tragic consequences if they fall into a pool. Also, cats can be curious and at times make their way onto a swimming pool area trying to possibly catch a bird or something else. I have seen my fair share of dogs who really want to dive into the water as soon as they enter an unfenced yard with a pool. In case of smaller animals it is not only a danger to them, but they can also contaminate the pool water with their feces.
- Safety: It deters children from entering the pool area without adult supervisionThis is probably one of the most important reasons for having a pool enclosure – it will help keep your children safe. Even if you are close by, you may not be able to hear children playing near the pool or shouting for help. A fence around your pool will give you an extra set of ears in case your kids decide to have a water fight in the pool when you are not looking.Another aspect is, if your child does go outside for whatever reason, it helps to ensure they cannot accidentally fall inside the pool. It is not unheard of for parents to step away from the pool area and then return to find their child in it – just because they got distracted and lost track of them for a minute or two.
- Burglars: It deters criminals and trespassers Criminals love houses with pools, because most people will leave the doors unlocked while they are at the pool. While I was living in US, I heard many stories from people who were broken into and their stuff stolen – including a few swimming pools that were drained by thieves. The concept is very simple: take out all valuables and let the water flow down the drain (looks like rain) or even use pumps to pump the water out.
- Look Appeals: It looks better and is more aesthetically pleasing with a Florida pool enclosure. if you are planning to build a pool, it is probably because you want your house to look more valuable – especially if you live in an area where there are many pools around. The same principal applies with thieves, so think about putting up fencing before construction starts.
- Shade: It can provide some shade from the sun and keep your pool cooler. A pool enclosure will also act as a natural barrier against the sun when you r in or out of the pool. This will help keep the pool cooler, as well as the surrounding deck area.
- Privacy: If you are one of those people who enjoy relaxing in the pool with some drinks and don’t like your neighbors taking a peek, then you will probably want to put up fencing. This will provide you with all the privacy you need.
- Protects Pool Equipment & Maintenance: It makes it easier to maintain your pool equipment A Florida pool enclosure around your pool can also help prevent debris from entering the pool area and clogging up your filters or other equipment. This will make it easier for you to maintain your pool.
- It can help secure your pool toys and other belongings. Most people who have a pool also have a lot of pool toys. Unfortunately, these toys can be quite tempting for thieves. If you have a fence around your pool, it will help to deter criminals from trying to take your belongings.
There are many reasons why you should consider installing a fence around your pool – these are just some of the most important ones. Before making a decision, be sure to consult with a professional to see what type of fence would be best for your needs.