Tourist Things to do in Homestead FL: 2022 Guide
Things to do in Homestead FL
There are many cities in Florida that you can visit. However, things to do in Homestead Florida are tourist attractions that cannot be compared with any other place. There are a lot of things to see and enjoy while staying at this small city which is actually the southernmost city in the continental United States. Here are some of the things that you can do while at this place.
- Miami: If you are looking for a place to have a good time, then Miami is just about an hour drive from Homestead. There are plenty of nightclubs and bars as well as restaurants where you can enjoy your time. You will also find lots of tourist attractions in Miami which will keep you busy for a few days.
- Everglades National Park:
Another place that is close to Homestead and which you can visit is Everglades National Park. This is a huge park that is full of different kinds of animals and plants. If you are interested in nature, then this is the perfect place for you. There are also a lot of activities that you can do in the park including kayaking, fishing, hiking, and bird watching.
- Florida Keys: If you are looking for something a little bit more adventurous, then you can visit the Florida Keys. This is a chain of islands that are full of different activities including fishing, diving, and snorkeling. You will also find plenty of bars and restaurants where you can relax.
- Zoo: If you’re a fan of animals, the Miami-Dade Zoological Park and Gardens is a must visit. It is made up of 1,800 acres that are home to over 3,000 animals from more than 250 different species. And if you’re looking for a little more excitement, the zoo also has a amusement park with rides and games.
- Coral Castle: The Coral Castle is one of Homestead Florida’s greatest attractions. Admission is $18 for adults, and $15 for seniors and children seven and over. There are group rates as well. The Coral Castle is ranked number one of 10 things to do in Homestead Florida. The Coral Castle was built by Edward Leedskalnin starting in 1923 . Ed made everything out of coral rock, which he quarried himself. He labored for 20 years on this structure which contains over 30 tons of large coral blocks that weigh up to 30 tons each. No one is certain of the reason why Ed created it, but legend has it that he built this castle for his bride who left him before they were ever married. The result was over 1,000 tons of coral rock standing on five acres of land.
- Homestead-Miami Speedway: If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, or any time for that matter, and you love race cars, then Homestead-Miami Speedway is the place for you. This track has something for everyone, whether you’re a diehard fan or just there to have a good time. Here are some of the top things to do at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
- Robert Is Here Fruit Stand:
This famous fruit stand on the highway from Homestead to Florida City is a one-stop shop for all your touristy needs, including exotic produce, fresh juice and ice cream, milk shakes. The prices are fair. They have an amazing collection of animals that you can pet and feed while waiting for you milkshake. Robert has been working at the stand for over 50 years, so he knows what he’s doing. If you’re looking for something specific, he can usually help you find it.
- The Biscayne National Park Homestead
The Biscayne National Park Homestead is a great place to visit if you are looking for a scenic and historical place to explore. The park is located in Homestead, Florida, and offers visitors a variety of activities to enjoy. You can go fishing, swimming, boating, hiking, and camping at the park. There is also a visitor center that offers exhibits on the history and natural features of the park.
Places to stay in Homestead FL